Full time position w/benefits.
- This position would begin training as early as Monday, Sept 14.
- The schedule for this position is Saturday-Tuesday, 8:30a-5:30p.
- Ideally we are looking for a minimum full year commitment.
- I’ve attached a job description which I’d love for you to take a look at.
- Short term housing may be available but would require you to actively seek housing offsite for the long term.
Essential Job Functions
The Front Desk Associate is the primary person interacting with guests. They are responsible for preserving Doe Bay’s unique culture by providing excellent guest service as it pertains to reservations, communications, and store operations. The position addresses guest needs, provides information, maintains unit inventory, reservations, and room assignments, processes guest folios, manages cash, and supports General Store operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Responsible for Guest Services: Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Complete guest registration process, issue unit keys, and provide resort information and area attractions details and directions. Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures. Balance all cash receipts and work performed during shift, post all guest charges, complete cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing of assigned bank. Complete check-out procedures, compute bills, verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio, collect payment and makes changes as required. May routinely reserve and confirm guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the company; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes. Make pre-arrival informational calls to booked incoming guests, confirm and cancel reservations for guests and answer a variety of questions for guests pertaining to their reservations. Provides quotes for room rates.
- Maintain helpful relationships the guests and other staff: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Resolve guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiries or concerns to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Support General Store Operations: Maintain displays, stock inventory
- Ensure compliance with: Liquor Vendor requirements
- Other Duties as Assigned
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
a. Education High School diploma or equivalent
- Perform all check-in and check-out tasks
- Manage online and phone reservations
- Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data
- Register guests collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay)
- Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms
- Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities
- Respond to clients’ complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
- In addition to the above, our front desk also operates within the Doe Bay General Store selling groceries, merchandise, etc. Stocking and tidying shelves, as well as maintaining a clean and welcoming environment are also important facets of the job
c. Knowledge and skills
- Excellent organization & communication skills.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to give high priority to customer service.
- Ability to solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Strong math skills required for handling financial transactions and balancing a cash drawer
- Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
- Must be detail oriented.
d. Technical Skills
- PC Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to use basic office equipment including Fax, copier, printers
- Microsoft Office: Word, excel, outlook
- Key systems
- Hotel Hospitality Front office system knowledge a plus
- Must be able to easily and frequently change from one activity to another while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard
- Point of Sale System experience a plus
- Work experience as a Front Desk Agent, Receptionist, Customer Service Representative or similar role
- Experience with hotel reservations software or an aptitude towards learning new software programs